OUR MISSION TO MYANMAR (ex Burma)
In 1998 PARTNERS began intervening in Myanmar after a 1995 assessment. We are the one of the oldest NGO’s in this country and one of the very few French ones.
ISSUES WE WORK ON:
•Access to safe water: we build tanks, drill wells, enlarge ponds …
• Sanitation: we build permanent toilettes with access to water and septic tanks.
• Health and hygiene: we organize education and awareness campaigns.
• Rehabilitation of schools and clinics: improvements of floors and roofs, classrooms …
• Improvement of living standards and food safety: anti-hunger and anti-poverty programmes.
PARTNERS also worked on child protection (2002-2003), AIDS prevention (2005-2006), school enrollment (2008) and emergency aid after Cyclone Nargis which caused 140 000 dead and 2 million refugees in 2008.
SHWE PYI THA, KYAUKTAN, HMAWBI, TAIKKYI ET HLEGU MAGWAY district (Dry Zone)
YENANCHAUNG, CHAUK, SALIN, MYOTHIT ET MYAING
• 2 expat volunteers: a country representative and a field co-ordinator.
Read Veronique Géraud’s testimony, international solidarity volunteer since January 2014 >
• 10 local staff monitor and follow-up the works. (Their number varies according to the on-going programmes)